The Wildsea Atlantic Ocean Heritage Route: A Dive into Adventure
EU Contribution: € 299,920
The “WAOH Route: A Dive into Adventure” project aims to develop the first, European, Sustainable Diving Route and network connecting world-class diving sites from the extreme south in Portugal and Spain to the far north, encompassing Ireland and UK, which embody common European shared values & heritage. The Route will promote Europe’s 5000 km of Atlantic, nautical coastline as a unique, transnational tourism itinerary and destination for divers & eco-tourists alike.
The WAOH Route will consist of world-class “flagship” diving sites and destinations that will encourage, create and unite synergy between water sports and Europe’s unique, Atlantic marine heritage of landscapes, wildlife and habitats in combination with a range of maritime cultural heritage. It will enhance synergy of nautical sports (diving & snorkelling and kayaking) with upcoming marine eco-tourism opportunities (such as whale watching industry). It will notably promote synergy with Europe’s renowned maritime archaeology, museums, underwater tourism and gastronomy at the seaside, leading to an innovative offer of new, transnational products.
- Breakaway Travel SL (Travelecoology), (ES);
- Donegal County Council (DCC), (IE);
- Fórum Oceano – Associação da Economia do Mar (Forum Oceano), (PT);
- Axencia Turismo de Galicia (ATURGA), (ES);
- Visit Cornwall Community Interest Company (VC), (UK);
- Divulgació, Estudi i Conservació de l’Entorn Natural (SUBMON), (ES);
- World Cetacean Alliance (WCA), (UK).