The North Sea Region is a crucial area for Europe's Blue Economy with marine resources, technologically-advanced industries, major port areas and increased offshore activities. Due to global drivers, the wider maritime, marine and offshore economies are exposed to profound challenges with some industries undergoing significant changes, including increased production (offshore wind in Denmark and Germany), as well as stagnation and decrease of production (oil & gas in UK and Norway) - the North Sea Region is experiencing a period of considerable restructuring.
PERISCOPE aims at establishing a permanent innovation ecosystem in the North Sea Region to grow transnational innovation partnerships for sustainable business development in emerging blue markets.
- South Norway European Office - Lead partner (NO);
- Samenwerkingsverband Noord Nederland - SNN (NL);
- Global Center of Expertise NODE (NO);
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen (NL);
- The Research Institute of Sweden - RISE (SE);
- European Marine Energy Centre - EMEC (UK);
- Marine South East (UK);
- Nederland Maritiem Land - NML (NL);
- Center of Maritime Technologies - CMT (NL);
- Business Region Gothenburg - BRG (SE);
- Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult (UK)
- Aarhus University (DK).