New opportunities for more competitive and sustainable blue growth in Atlantic Area
Overall budget: €1,867,105.92
EU contribution: €1,400,329.44
Access2Sea aims to improve the attractiveness of the Atlantic shore for aquaculture SMEs by enabling new business opportunities and providing sustainable and easier access to it. Its objective is to enhance the exploitation and preservation of the Atlantic Area’s natural assets by unlocking the existing barriers to provide the industry with technical solutions, enabling onshore production and disseminating existing and new solutions and providing support to the aquaculture SMEs to fix them or attract them to the Atlantic Area.
- Enable SMEs to assess spatial opportunities to settle in the Atlantic shore new aquaculture business, supporting them in exploiting the natural assets in a sustainable way.
- Increase awareness of the aquaculture activities needs, potential and contribution to local development.
- Creation of specific tools to support partners and other relevant decision/policy makers in the promotion and dissemination of the existing opportunities and sites of their territories for installing aquaculture activities.
- Increase the cooperation between the aquaculture triple helix in those territories.
- Fundación Bahía de Cádiz para el Desarrollo Económico - Lead Partner (ES);
- Fundación Centro Tecnológico Acuicultura de Andalucía (ES);
- Údarás na Gaeltachta (IE);
- Innovation & Management Centre CLG T/A WestBIC (IE);
- INVESTIR EN FINISTÈRE (FR);
- Universidade do Algarve (PT);
- Centro Interdisciplinar de Investigação Marinha e Ambiental da Universidade do Porto (PT);
- Swansea University (UK);
- Tecnopole Quimper-Cornuaille (FR).