Industrial Symbiosis Network for Environment Protection and Sustainable Development in Black Sea Basin
Joint Operational Program “Black Sea 2007-2013” (ENPI CBC)
The SymNet project aimed to establish an industrial symbiosis system as an innovative approach in order to minimize the environmental degradation in response to climate changes, while increasing economic and social development in the Black Sea Basin. The project looked closer into the current status of the manufacturing, logistics, tourism and energy sectors of industry and the existing commercial networks in the Black Sea Basin as well as the dynamics of these four sectors in the participating countries-Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey and Moldova. As a result, the project had two major outputs: the Black Sea Industrial Symbiosis platform and the Industrial Symbiosis Strategy Report. The first one aims to provide information and cooperation platform to the companies of the Black Sea Region, while the second one has been designed for the use of decision-makers in the region as a decision support tool.
- Institute of Oceanology - Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Project coordinator/ENPI beneficiary (BG);
- Özyeğin University, Center for Energy, Environment and Economy (TR)- IPA Lead Beneficiary;
- National Institute for Marine Research and Development “Grigore Antipa” (RO);
- Agency for Innovation and Technology Transfer, Academia of Science of Moldova (MD);
- Istanbul’s EU Pioneers Association (TR).