Energizing Coastal Regions with Offshore Renewable Energy
Overall budget: € 9,810,515
EU contribution: € 5,886,309
The aim of the ENCORE project (Energizing Coastal Regions with Offshore Renewable Energy) is to advance five offshore renewable energy technologies (including wave energy convertors, tidal and river current turbines and offshore floating solar) in a structured and collaborative process and to develop open-source tools & services to facilitate the accelerated commercialisation of offshore energy solutions for islands, harbours, estuaries and offshore structures with a focus on 2SEAS region and export.
1 | Advance five ORE technologies with experts in a structured and collaborative process and tackle common challenges through taskforces and thus moving:
- Water2Energy river current turbine from TRL 3 to 5;
- Laminaria wave energy device from TRL 3 (subsystems) to 7 (full scale);
- Teamwork Technology wave energy device from TRL 3 to 5;
- Oceans of Energy offshore solar plant from TRL 3 to 5;
- EEL Energy undulating water current turbine from TRL 3 to 5.
2 | Develop a Route-to-market strategy for ORE solutions to accelerate commercialization for islands, harbors, estuaries and offshore structures building on the following sub-objectives:
- Prepare SMEs for investment;
- Continue to improve new international standards and certification;
- Support skills development in the Blue Economy;
- Involve supply chain and stakeholders.
It is expected that the ENCORE project will result in bankable solutions, jobs, export opportunities, increased competitiveness and as such contribute to cleaner climate.
- Dutch Marine Energy Centre - Lead partner (NL);
- Teamwork Technology (NL);
- Artelia (FR);
- European Marine Energy Centre (UK);
- Oceans of Energy (NL);
- Water2Energy BV (NL);
- Bureau Veritas Marine & Offshore SAS (FR);
- Ghent University (BE);
- EEL Energy S.A.S. (FR);
- Inyanga Marine Projects - IMP (UK);
- Deftiq (NL).