Capacity4MSP - Strengthening the capacity of MSP stakeholders and decision makers
Capacity4MSP will create a practically oriented and interactive collaboration platform for MSP stakeholders, decision- and policy makers that will inform, support and enhance on-going MSP efforts by capitalising on the outcomes of various transnational MSP projects and national MSP processes. It will deepen and widen the knowledge and experience gained from projects by synthesizing, amplifying and transferring the project outcomes to new practical solutions, as well as intensify the dialogue among MSP stakeholders (MSP practitioners, institutions responsible for MSP, blue economy representatives, environmentalists, etc.), decision and policy makers (e.g. EU COM, relevant ministries, HELCOM-VASAB MSP Working Group, its Data Expert sub-group, etc.).
The main outputs will include:
- A synthesis report on the outcomes of MSP-related projects in correlation with ongoing MSP processes and activities in the BSR countries. It will gather achievements from projects, national & pan-Baltic MSP initiatives and will include an MSP cooperation agenda for 2020, possible MSP project cooperation themes and policy 'pointers' for further macro-regional MSP policy development.
- Support mechanisms for MSP practitioners and MSP policy- and decision makers around the BSR and beyond to support the 1) implementation, monitoring and evaluation of plans, 2) pan-Baltic MSP data use by developing a user-guide for the Baltic MSP webmap BASEMAPS, 3) a proposal for an institutionalized tool for a regular follow-up on the accomplishment of regional MSP commitments and 4) fostering the implementation of MSP in non-EU countries by developing a Roadmap for MSP in Russia.
- Integrated report with main takeaway messages concerning MSP stakeholder involvement, awareness-raising and engagement into MSP at various governance levels.
- State Regional Development Agency (LV)
- Maritime Institute in Gdańsk (PL)
- Aalborg University (DK)
- Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management (SE)
- Baltic Marine Environment Protection Commission, Helsinki Commission (FI)
- Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development (LV)
- s.Pro - sustainable projects GmbH (DE)
- Scientific and Research Institute of Maritime Spatial Planning Ermak NorthWest Limited liability company (RU)
- Finnish Heritage Agency, The Baltic Region Heritage Committee (BRHC)
- PAENERGY (Ministryof Economics of Republic of Latvia)
- PASHIP (Danish Maritime Authority)
- PACULTURE (Ministryof Justice, European Affairs, Consumer Protection and Equality)
- HA Spatial Planning (HELCOM-VASAB MSP WG)
- Maritime Office Gdynia
- Estonian Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Maritime Economy and Inland Navigation
- Leontief Centre
- University of Tartu
- Federal Public Service (FPS) Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment
- Finnish Ministry of the Environment
- Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency
- Ministry of the Environment of Lithuania