Maritime Spatial Planning in a Changing Climate
Academy of Finland - Research Programme on Climate Change (FICCA)
MARISPLAN investigates, with the aid of hydrodynamic, ecological, watershed and economic models how climate change influences the ecosystem of the Baltic Sea and its uses. How the society can adapt its policies and uses of the marine ecosystem in a changing climate is assessed, and GIS-based MSP tools are developed.
MARISPLAN investigates three case study areas: Helsinki City sea area, the Archipelago Sea and the Quark-Bothnian Bay area, each of which are interesting from the point of view of Maritime Spatial Planning.
- Sweden's Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI) (SE)
- Estonian Marine Institute (EMI) (EE)
- Finnish Meteorological Institute (FI)
- Finnish Environment Institute (FI)
- MTT Agrifood research Finland (FI)
- City of Helsinki Environment Center (FI)
- Finnish Game and Fisheries Research Institute (FI)