Nautical Routes for Europe
The call for proposals aims to support the development of transnational thematic tourism products promoting nautical tourism and water sports tourism at sea. According to the call for proposals, projects must include the following activities:
- Design and create a new transnational nautical route linking tourist attractions in the coastal areas of two eligible countries and offering at least one transnational tourism product tailored to the nautical route;
- Develop a long term strategy for the establishment and exploitation of the nautical route, including a communication and marketing strategy of the nautical route and associated products;
- Consult and validate with relevant stakeholders the design, creation, exploitation and sustainability of the new nautical route and associated tourism products;
- Develop the necessary tools and materials to promote the new nautical route and associated tourism products in line with the communication and marketing strategy developed;
- Establish a mechanism to support a solid and sustainable cooperation among the different actors of the tourism value chain.
Applicants must be legal entities, either public or private bodies.
Applicants from all EU Member States are eligible.
Applicants from third countries are eligible:
- if a project activity is carried out outside the territory of the EU
- and if the involvement of those applicants from non-EU countries is necessary in view of the nature of the action and in order to achieve its objectives.
Proposals must include a transnational partnership for the creation of a transnational nautical route with sites geographically located in at least 2 different eligible countries, of which at least one must be an EU Member State.
Projects should not exceed the duration of 24 months.
According to the call for proposals, the total budget earmarked for this action is €1,500,000. This budget might be increased by maximum 20%.
It is estimated that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of between €250,000 and €300,000 would allow the objectives of this call for proposals to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts. EASME expects to fund 5 to 6 proposals.
For more information regarding the procedure do not hesitate to read the call for proposal along with its annexes.
All questions related to the call may be sent by e-mail to: EASME-EMFFemail@example.com, indicating as subject title the call reference "EASME/EMFF/2016/220.127.116.11 - Nautical Routes for Europe”.