Interreg V-A Greece-Italy 2014-2020
The overall objective of the Programme is to support strategic Greece-Italy cross-border co-operation for a more prosperous and sustainable region across the maritime border. Emphasis is placed upon developing the foundations for a dynamic economy which fosters smart, sustainable and inclusive growth with the goal to improve the quality of life for those living in the cross-border region, especially in times of economic crisis such as these.
Three priority axes are identified:
- Axes 1 - Innovation and competiveness; which links innovation & research and SME competitiveness. It was selected to contribute to the building of a strong export based economy through a SME dominated business base.
- Axes 2 - Integrated environmental management; aiming to facilitate the development and implementation of common approaches to the management of the environment, particularly in coastal and insular areas.
- Axes 3 - Multimodal sustainable transport system; responding on needs related to regional and cross-border connections in the Programme Area, accessibility to transport infrastructures, coordination of cross-border transport systems and procedures.
Eligible applicants include:
- National, regional or local public authorities from the eligible area;
- Bodies governed by public law from the eligible area;
- Private, non-profit organizations from the eligible area.
In particular the participating territories are 17 statistical NUTS III territories (6 provinces in Italy and 11 prefectures in Greece) as listed below:
- Italy, Provinces of: Taranto, Brindisi, Lecce, Foggia, Bari, Barletta-Andria-Trani.
- Greece, Prefectures of: Arta, Thesprotia, Ioannina, Preveza, Zakynthos, Kerkyra, Kefallinia, Lefkada, Aitoloakarnania, Achaia, Ilea.
Calls are now open (see http://www.interreg.gr/en/calls.html) and will close on November 30th, 2016. Project length is 24 months.
The three priority axes see the following budget allocation:
Axes 1 - Innovation and competiveness: € 34,489,531 (28% of the total budget);
Axes 2 - Integrated environmental management: €48,038,990 (39% of the total budget);
Axes 3 - Multimodal sustainable transport system: € 33,257,762 (27% of the total budget).
More information regarding this funding programme and related calls can be found at http://www.interreg.gr/en/.