Interreg V-B Baltic Sea Region
The Interreg South Baltic is a funding instrument seeking to activate the potential for blue and green growth through cross-border cooperation. “Blue growth” addresses the economic potential to be developed in harmony with the marine environment, whereas “Green growth” refers to economic growth utilising natural resources in a sustainable manner. Financing is made available to projects that:
- Increase presence and improve transfer of innovation for the benefit of blue and green sector SMEs
- Increase the cultural and natural heritage assets into sustainable tourist destinations in the eligible area
- Increase use of green technologies with a view to decrease pollutant discharges
- Improve quality and environmental sustainability of transport services
- Improve cooperation in the area through cross-border networks
The following list of shows examples of eligible applicants (the list is not exhaustive):
- Public administrations and agencies;
- Municipal companies;
- Chambers of commerce;
- Clusters and business support organisations;
- Education and R&D facilities;
- Associations and NGOs;
- Public transport operators, etc
Applicants must form a cross border consortium, according to the following criteria:
- involve partner organisations from at least two programme area countries
- are in line with the Programme’s strategy and scope (see here)
- have a clear cross-border relevance
- have a clear vision about results and impacts
Under regular project calls the third call opens mid 2017.
The first call for seed money is planned to open autumn 2016.
FURTHER FINANCING INFORMATION
Project partners must co-finance activities with their own resources.
The co-financing rates for the different countries are:
• Norway up to 50%
• Sweden, Denmark, Germany (eligible federal states), Finland up to 75%
• Poland, Baltic countries up to 85%
• Belarus, Russia up to 85% (released upon signature of bilateral Financing Agreements between these countries and the EU)
More information can be found Interreg V-B Baltic Sea Region website.
To find more country specific information please see this website.
Questions related to the Interreg V-A Finland-Estonia-Latvia-Sweden (Central Baltic) programme may be directed at the Joint Secretariat or the National Contact Points.