Improving the technical performance of the Mediterranean aquaculture
This action aims at improving the competitiveness of EU Mediterranean aquaculture production. Projects should in particular improve current key performance indicators, which are used for principal Mediterranean species. In order to meet the objective projects should:
- Consolidate Mediterranean aquaculture production for key species towards a commercial scale through sustainable fish farming and seafood production
- Outline marketing plans for local and regional production
- Develop good practices and harmonised standards across the area
- Improve the image of aquaculture production systems and products
- Increase consumer awareness of the above actions
Applicants must consist of at least three legal entities, each of which must be established in a different EU Member State or Horizon 2020 associated country. All three legal entities must be independent of each other.
The call opened 27/10/2015 and the deadline for submitting applications in the first stage was 17/02/2016.
The second stage deadline is 13/09/2016 and information on the second evaluation will follow maximum five months from the deadline for submission. The grant agreement will be signed eight months from the deadline for submission.
More information regarding the call for proposal can be found in the Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2016-2017.
For more specific information on the eligibility and admissibility conditions see part B and C of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.