European Commission (EASME) call for proposals on MSP
The geographical areas covered by this call include the Atlantic, the Black Sea and the Mediterranean.
The call for proposals is to support the establishment and implementation of Maritime Spatial Plans in line with the Directive 2014/89/EU on MSP. The specific objectives of this call are;
- To support concrete actions in Member states helping to build capacity for the implementation of the MSP Directive
- To provide support for the establishment of lasting mechanisms for cross-border cooperation on MSP
Applicants proposals and subsequently projects, must include the following activities/priorities:
- Support the work of competent authorities and/or inter-ministerial bodies in charge of developing and implementing maritime spatial plans;
- Use a scenario-based method which should allow identifying and evaluating future potential uses, needs and maritime spatial development options. Such work should feed the establishment of maritime spatial plans;
- Where relevant, support the development of cross-border cooperation on MSP with neighbouring third countries;
- Support the coherent application of an ecosystem-based approach and the integration of land-sea interactions;
- Ensure an effective engagement with and participation of stakeholders in the design and implementation of MSP processes;
- Develop, review and/or implement a monitoring and evaluation framework designed to ensure effective and sustainable use of maritime spaces;
- Make use of the best available data and information by encouraging sharing of information
Applicants must be legal entities. Natural persons are not eligible as applicants for the purpose of the present call.
The following types of entities are eligible to participate in the Call as applicants:
- Competent authorities in charge of maritime spatial planning of those coastal EU Member States which are responsible for MSP in the selected area;
- International, regional or intergovernmental organisations, including relevant regional sea conventions (RSC) (e.g. OSPAR, Black Sea Commission, Black Sea Economic Cooperation, ICES amongst others);
- Other entities shall be considered eligible applicants provided that they are endorsed by Competent Authorities.
Projects should not, in principle, exceed the duration of 24 months.
The total budget earmarked for this action is EUR 2.470.000. the budget might be increased by maximum 20%.
It is estimated that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of between EUR 750.000 and EUR 1.250.000 would allow the objectives of this call for proposals to be addressed appropriately. The amount requested should be consistent and proportional with the scope of the proposal (number of applicants, number of Member States involved, activities proposed, etc.). Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts. EASME expects to fund 2 to 3 proposals.
For more information regarding the procedure do not hesitate to read the call for proposal along with its annexes. All questions related to the call may be sent by e-mail to: EASME-EMFFemail@example.com no later than 23 October, indicating as subject title the call reference "EASME/EMFF/2018/220.127.116.11".