Please save the date for a three-day workshop to explore the Synthesis of the Science for Fisheries and Offshore Wind. The Responsible Offshore Development Alliance (RODA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), and Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) are convening this workshop to collectively share completed, ongoing, and planned research relevant to offshore wind and fisheries. The workshop will engage key experts, including fishermen, fishing industry representatives, agency representatives, wind energy developers, relevant fisheries managers, and expert scientists and academics to build and refine a regional fisheries and offshore science agenda, including through the Responsible Offshore Science Alliance (ROSA).
Workshop dates: October 15, 16, & 30, 2020.
TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED INCLUDE:
• Physical oceanographic impacts
• Biological impacts
• Ecosystem impacts
• Fishing industry operational and economic impacts
• Effects to regional scientific surveys, scientific advice, and management
• Innovative sampling and monitoring techniques
• Evolving offshore wind technologies and future considerations