The closing conference for the SIMAtlantic project will be held on 15 September 2021. SIMAtlantic is a 2-year EU-funded project to support the establishment and implementation of maritime spatial planning in the five European Atlantic nations: France, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, and the United Kingdom. The aim of the conference is to share the lessons learnt and best practices identified during the SIMAtlantic project and from elsewhere around Europe, to assist in shaping future cooperation and coherence in maritime spatial planning (MSP). There are six sessions in total, held at the following times:
- 09.00–10.30 Session 1: Developing a vision for MSP in the European Atlantic region;
- 11.00–12.30 Session 2A: Governance for transboundary MSPData sharing and stakeholder engagement;
- 11.00–12.30 Session 2B: Data sharing and stakeholder engagement
- 13.00–14.30 Session 3A: Beyond environmental assessment towards ecosystem based MSP;
- 13.00–14.30 Session 3B: Approaches to land-sea interactions in the European Atlantic and beyond;
- 15.00–16.30 Session 4: Achieving cooperation and coherence in European Atlantic MSP.
For more information and registration, please see the event page.