Are you a Coder? Communicator? Data enthusiast? Or Entrepreneur? Join us at the second EMODnet Open Sea Lab hackathon and develop innovative solutions with marine open data to address blue society challenges!
During three days, in the vibrant and historical city of Ghent (Belgium), teams will compete and bring their expertise to develop novel marine and maritime applications using EMODnet, ICES and Copernicus Marine’s wealth of marine data and services.
No previous experience is required! Experts in European marine data management and digital innovation will help build your team (if you don't already have one), lead workshops and coach you to bring your innovative ideas into working solutions.
The EMODnet Open Sea Lab hackathon 2019 in a nutshell
- 4-6 September 2019 in the Zebrastraat located in the historical and vibrant city of Ghent (Belgium);
- Challenges to address in three main categories:
- Blue Economy
- Blue Society & Ocean literacy
- Marine environment protection & management (including climate change)
- Around 20 coaches & experts on-site from EMODnet, ICES, Copernicus Marine & imec;
- Many workshops available, from Co-creation and Business modelling to Machine learning, Data visualization and Story mapping;
- Tools for participants, prizes, side events, inspirational speakers and many networking opportunities!