The new North Sea Strategy 2030 has been adopted on 6 November 2020. The strategy represents a steering document for the North Sea Commission and priority list for cooperation in the North Sea Region. It demonstrates the will of regional governments around the North Sea to work together to tackle common challenges.
The strategy identifies four priority areas for cooperation:
1. A productive and sustainable North Sea
- Healthy Marine environment
- Maritime Spatial Planning
- Sustainable aquaculture and fisheries
- Sustainable blue economy
2. A climate-neutral North Sea Region
3. A connected North Sea region
4. A smart North Sea Region
Please read the full article here.