In parallel with the European Maritime Day Conference in Den Helder (20-21 May 2021), “EMD In My Country 2021” events will take place throughout Europe from April to October 2021. A number of them are related to Maritime Spatial Planning:
- The SIMAtlantic project will organise an online event “Towards an Atlantic Vision for Maritime Spatial Planning” on 18 May 2021, jointly with the European MSP Platform and the Assistance Mechanism for the Atlantic Action Plan.
- The event “Exploring the future of the North Sea together”, held on 19 May 2021, will be organised by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management of the Netherlands and the Breda University of Applied Sciences (with the assistance of the MSP Challenge Simulation Platform).
- The Consulate General of Portugal in Barcelona will organise an event “The European Union Integrated Maritime Policy: an Atlantic and Mediterranean Approach” on 20 May 2021.
- The event “Discussing and Resolving Marine Spatial Planning Issues Online with Stakeholders” will be held on 15 September 2021 by Van Hall Larenstein, University of Applied Sciences of the Netherlands.
- “Governance, Spatial Planning and Social Acceptability Applied for Marine Aquaculture in Portugal” is planned for 30 September 2021 by the Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research (CIIMAR) & CRIA-UALG (within the framework of the ACCESS2SEA project).
The entire list of events held for “EMD in my country 2021” is available here.