This is the first webinar in a series presenting the 2018 study on MSP for Blue Growth. More information on the study and webinar series can be found here.
Webinar: 7 November 2018, 16:00 CET
The purpose of the Visions Handbook is to assist planners in developing a maritime vision or a strategy, as well as assisting those who wish to prepare the terms of reference for facilitating a vision process. The handbook provides quick and easy access to relevant tools and methods, building on lessons learnt from vision development processes across Europe. It indicates a range of possibilities for working with visions, showcasing options and ideas, rather than being prescriptive.
The presentation will cover different tools and methods that can be used for developing a vision, different formats a vision making process could result in, and discuss usefulness of such processes and their outputs for MSP. The presentation will also answer some practical questions including:
• How to conduct background research for the vision development process, including analysis of the existing policy context and future trends in maritime sectors?
• When is it useful to develop scenarios or forecasts and how can they be developed?
• What are the benefits of involving stakeholders and what are some useful interactive methods that can be used in different stages of the process?
• How to best communicate the vision as to foster ownership and commitment?
• What additional literature sources and examples can aid future vision development process?
There will be an opportunity for questions at the end of the webinar.
The Visions Handbook can be found here on the EU MSP Platform website: https://www.msp-platform.eu/faq/msp-visions