The Institute of Biometeorology - National Research Council of Italy is organizing, in collaboration with other CNR Institutes and University Departments, the Seventh International Symposium: "Monitoring of Mediterranean Coastal Areas: problems and measurement techniques" (Livorno, Italy, June 2018).
The Symposium, which is aimed at Mediterranean researchers every two years, addresses issues related to Mediterranean coastal areas and searches for technical and instrumental solutions to problems related to: energy production in the coastal area, morphology and evolution of coastlines, flora and fauna of the littoral system, management and integrated coastal protection, coastline geography, human influence on
The Symposium is divided into the following sessions:
- Flora and Fauna of the littoral system: dynamics and protection
- Morphology and evolution of coastlines and seabeds
- Coastal landscapes: past and present aspects of human influence
- Measures for environment and energy production in the coastal zones
- Coastline geography: territorial dynamics and integrated protection